This blog is the combined effort of four senior pastors of different churches. Their desire is to point you toward living a God-centered, gospel-focused, Christian life.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dad's God-Centered Update on Cancer


September 10, 2012 marked five years since my dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. He celebrated the anniversary with an excellent article, "A Very Meaningful Anniversary". I encourage you to read the article in its entirety. In it, I think you see a godly contentment and God-glorifying perspective on illness.

My dad writes: "At the outset, I realized that the cancer was no random occurrence in the universe, but came to me from the hand of a heavenly Father whose love for me goes far beyond my ability to comprehend."

He's exactly right and his commitment to that theological truth has helped him to continue to fulfill his purpose to glorify our God through this illness. Go read his article here: http://txbennett.blogspot.com/2012/09/a-very-meaningful-anniversary_10.html

By His Grace,

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment